Why should we consider massage as part of our regular healthcare?
We watch what we eat, we include activity in our daily routine, we have our hair cut and we try to keep our body and mind fit & healthy. Have you considered regular massage? It is so much more than an occasional relaxing treatment (although that is usually the most enjoyable part!)
Anything on the list below ring any bells with you? Massage can help:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defence system.
- Exercise and stretch weak &tight muscles.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Helps with mindfulness and gives you some headspace.
- Helps improve sleep quality.
Gives you more energy and greater concentration.Increase these benefits with regular visits. Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. Once a month, once a quarter or twice a year, that’s the beauty of massage. Regular scheduled self-care can play a huge part in your overall wellness. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary to your health and wellness plan, and work with me to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
The power of therapeutic touch never ceases to amaze me!